#40 #Scriptors100BestFilms #GangsOfWasseypur
What would Quentin Tarantino make if he would have been an Indian? Well sooner or later he would have stumble upon the world of Iron and Coal mafias of Wasseypur and their gang war and would have made a saga on that. Unlucky he is because we have #AnuragKashyap who is no less than him in portrayal of pure “DESI SWAG” in an completely unapologetic, unconventional and mass entertaining way.
Gangs of Wasseypur Part one and Part two can easily be considered as the one of it’s genre sagas which takes you to a world which we know but never wanted to know. If you start thinking what is brilliant about this film then sorry, this article will be long enough like the script of the movie but yet the biggest “HERO” is the Script. The team of writers – Akhilesh Jaiswal, Anurag Kashyap, Sachin K Ladia and Zeishan Qadri deserves all accolades, but mostly because of the iconic dialogues which are still a craze and used by cinema lovers all over India no less than the dialogues of Sholay ( Oh! it’s an observation only. No offence intended to Sholay lovers ).
But this cinema is all about discoveries, made by the captain of the ship Anurag Kashyap. Let’s give a very brief look ( You wanna go in detail? Sorry I am not writing MahaBharata 😉 here )
1. Manoj Vajpayee – Yeah we all know that he has proved himself a great actor many a times but by playing “Sardar Khan” he played his career best role so far. His anger, his passion, his lust and his revenge, you can connect to all his emotions as if you are Sardar Khan.
2. Nawazuddin Siddiqui – Only after GOW2 we got to know that this brilliant actor can carry a whole film on his shoulder ( though i had huge issues with the second part of GOW, I loved it because of his performance)
3. Richa Chaddha – What a graph! From feisty wife to a grandmother. She becomes the thread which connects both the parts so easily. Effortless and brilliant are two words for her.
4. Huma Qureshi – So finally we got a beauty who actually looks Indian, acts natural and have an oomph! Discovery!
5. Sneha Khanwalkar – O Womaniya, Jiya tu hazaar Saala, Chhechhaledar, Kaala re, Taar Bijli, I am a hunter! She is fabulous. Period!
These were top five and the count goes on and on. Tigmanshu Dhulia, Reema Sen and other brilliant castings. If there would have been an award for perfect casting GOW would have won it again and again.
Inspite of all this, GOW is a special movie which has heart and emotions at right place and all credit for that goes to Anurag Kashyap. He may have failed with his second saga “Bombay Velvet” but this one was good enough to make him immortal.