You may have watched these films many times but do you know that sometimes due to various reasons the editors and makers of these films have taken out some scenes from the final theatrical release? Well sometimes they are not just required and sometimes just because of the excessive length of the film, editors have to take such harsh decisions. We have handpicked here 8 of such scenes which you would love to watch!
- TAMASHA – IMTIAZ ALI – This one scene between Ved and Tara brings out the complexities of their relationship so beautifully that it leaves you speechless for few seconds. Ranbir Kapoor prooves that why even after so many debacles at Box Office, he is the best we have got.
2. DEAR ZINDAGI -GAURI SHINDE – Gauri Shinde who won Best Debutant Director from her first film English Vinglish always writes her own films. In her second venture she picked a story of an utterly complicated character which you may find a bit irritating and unlikable sometimes but in this particular scene which was edited out of the final cut, she says what we all want to say at the certain point of time in our lives. Alia Bhatt nailed it!
3. ENGLISH VINGLISH – GAURI SHINDE – We were just talking about Shinde but we can’t finish talking that without talking about English Vinglish. There were so many moments in this beautiful film and many of them just can’t make its final cut. The journey of Shashi (Sridevi) is as adorable as these edited scenes.
4. YEH JAWANI HAI DIWANI – AYAN MUKHERJI – Though one may think that Ayan’s better-written work was “Wake Up Sid”, His second venture “Yeh Jawaani Hai Diwani” has it’s own moments. One very beautiful moment was edited out of the final cut. Loved the philosphy yet simplicity of this scene.
5. LAGAAN – ASHUTOSH GOWARIKAR – This Oscar Nominated movie was no less than a master class of cinema. Though was a sports cinema but it has theatrics and music at the right place which makes it as Bollywood as anything else. Watch this piece of the scene where the ensemble is singing and practicing for the cricket match.
6. SHOLAY – RAMESH SIPPY – So here comes the most awaited one. We all know everything about this cult classic. There is nothing which is unknown to the Indian Cinema lovers about Sholay. We all knew about the alternative ending of Sholay but have you watched it? Here it is!
7. BAND BAAJA BARAAT – MANISH SHARMA – If we look back to this film, it was a very important film as it gave us the two biggest stars of the present time – Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma. The story of Shruti and Bittu has many relatable yet adorable moments but some of them were taken out from the final cut. Here are they.
8. KAL HO NAA HO – NIKHIL ADVANI – Many would disagree with me, but I think this was the best-written film by Karan Johar. The ensemble and the performances everything was so lovable. We can’t get enough of Kal Ho Naa Ho. So let’s have some more. PS: You will see Zohara Sehgal and Kamini Kaushal also.
9. SWADES- ASHUTOSH GOWARIKAR – There are only two types of people in this world. One who likes “Swades” and one who does not understand Swades. There was a very beautiful song composed by AR Rahmaan – Aahista Aahista which was not in the final cut of the film but I highly recommend you to listen to this before you go to bed. Nostalgia Guaranteed!
Tells us if we have missed anything.